Sun, Apr 03|
Nightingale Concert Hall
Made in America
Mark your calendars now for our celebration of music made for wind bands!
Time & Location
Apr 03, 2022, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM PDT
Nightingale Concert Hall, 1335 N Virginia St, Reno, NV 89512, USA
About The Event
Please join us for our celebration of great works made for wind bands. Made In America features works by prolific American band composers, including:
- Canticle: All Creatures of Our God and King by Claude T. Smith
- Polka and Fugue, from Schwanda the Bagpiper by composer Jaromir Weinberger
- Kaddish, an ancient Jewish doxological prayer for the dead, by W. Francis McBeth
- Circus Franticus, by American composer Julie Giroux
- Symphonic highlights from The King and I, written for The President’s Own United States Marine Band
General admission is $10, $5 for seniors (65 and older), and free for students (K-12, college) with their school ID card. Free parking is available in the Brian J. Whalen parking structure north of the Church Fine Arts building.
Free with a student ID card